Job title: Governance & Compliance HR Manager
Job description: JOB PURPOSE
Develop, manage and support the Governance & Compliance practices of the People Experience team and one HR’ leveraging industry best practice. Collaborate with all HR teams and other relevant internal stakeholders, such as OR&E, IA and Enterprise Data & Analytics (ED&A).
Through effective Governance and Compliance practices, enable HR to:
– Achieve efficient and rewarding employee experience across people lifecycle dimensions, such as workforce planning, performance management, productivity, engagement, recruitment, attrition and retention
– Develop and maintain robust frameworks for process improvements and standardisation, quality assurance (management & control) and internal and external audit compliance with continuous monitoring capabilities across process, system and data landscapes
– Support Enterprise Strategic Themes such as Regulatory Compliance, Business Agility & Efficiency, Business Growth, and Employee Experience
· Manage process governance by continuously monitoring and assessing all processes of the People Experience team and by extension of the entire ‘one HR’ organisation to determine their effectiveness and eliminate process inefficiencies. Recommend innovative solutions such as chatbots, AI-driven process steps and other Robotic Process Automation (RPA) interventions that improve workflow, operations, and staff performance and align with business strategy. Standardise resulting procedures and drive the consequent change management required to implement process changes. Ensure that all processes related to the entire employee lifecycle are fully GDRP compliant and in line with international best practices.
· Proactively identify, and recommend industry best practice on process governance with regards to improved and automated business processes and accordingly validate and collate current & future process/technology/data needs of the one HR organisation. Proactively identify, recommend and implement business improvement projects and initiatives to deliver the strategic business plans and support performance and productivity enhancements to sustain growth while remaining agile. Foster a culture of autonomy, openness and continuous process improvement based on lean-agile principles.
· Define and implement the process and data governance strategy for the ‘one HR’ organisation in alignment with Emirates Group corporate governance and compliance requirements and mandates and across at least the three main dimensions of Data Governance frameworks, i.e. a) Data Protection (Access, Security and Privacy), b) Data Quality Assurance and c) Metadata Management.
· Manage data governance operational activities with ED&A and with a network of business Data Custodians (executive level) and business Data Stewards (specialist level) from across the ‘one HR’ organisation. Represent HR in ensuring that people data is governed correctly and treated as a corporate asset across all technology and analytics assets in own source systems and the Enterprise Data Platform (EDP). Work across all ‘one HR’ business pillars to collect and ensure implementation of data protection and quality requirements and facilitate corporate decisions about metric, KPI, and metadata definitions.
· Stay connected with best practice data governance & data management industry trends and developments. Support the Data & Analytics function to define analytics self-service model for business users across the ‘one HR’ organisation.
· Strategically manage data risk & compliance by collaborating with HR internal teams as required, namely: a) the Data & Analytics function to ensure semantic alignment and consistency of information matrices, data models, metric and KPI definitions through the relevant Data Governance forums and through long-term relationships and collaboration with business executives (Data Custodians) and specialists (Data Stewards), b) the HR Shared Services and Employee Data Management team to ensure implementation of agreed data quality and protection controls across all dimensions of employee data.
· Manage process risk and compliance by establishing an internal quality and control framework for the efficient functioning of all processes across all sections within the ‘one HR’ organisation. Evaluate the process risk profiles, promote awareness at the appropriate management levels, take steps to cover the risks identified, develop disciplines to be implemented and procedures to be followed, establish accountability for implementation and continuously monitor and improve the effectiveness of internal control.
· Own knowledge management by curating and monitoring the content and compliance of all People Experience manuals and related documentation to ensure they remain a relevant and accurate key source of information. Work with the Systems & Technology and Data & Analytics teams to maintain all user-owned documentation of technology and analytics assets, including the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). Identify and implement necessary documentation changes required due to new business requirements, system upgrades and business process changes.
· Manage the process of training & adoption of analytics and governance for the entire ‘one HR’ team through coaching, encouraging staff development and progression, and motivating the team by role modelling leadership and collaboration. This includes analytics power user training and development, systems and process/SOP training and data management practices that ensure compliance data governance.
· Manage external contacts (professional bodies, industry or trade associations, consulting firms, or academic institutions) through direct contact, surveys, or participation at international forums. So to complete appropriate benchmarking to establish and bring back new process or management practices to drive process improvement and innovation.
· Human Resources.Other
· Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
· Degree in a relevant field, such as Industrial Engineering, Business Administration, Operational Research, Commerce, Finance, Information Technology etc.
Relevant experience including (but not limited to):
– Industrial Engineering
– Experience in Industrial Engineering and process improvement techniques such as supply chain management, Lean, Six Sigma etc.
– Experience in Project Management and business consultancy in operational and supporting areas
– Experience in innovation techniques
– Experience with the implementation of initiatives that are transformational in nature
– Experience of managing / working with a compliance or audit function within a business
– Experience in the airline industry and / or in HR systems and products is desirable
The individual should:
– Collaborative influencer in the sense that he/she constantly looks for new ways to partner with teams and individuals from across the company to deliver business benefits
– Ability to build trusted, collaborative relationships and wide networks
– Ability to multi-task and work across various departments with strict deadlines and to navigate competing interest across stakeholders
– Be a knowledge and improvement seeker through the various learning avenues available through L&T as well as online
– Ability to conduct end-to-end exercises for process documentation and detailing in order to recommend improvement policies and use all relevant technology tools
– Ability to understand and analyse process transactional data to identify performance trends and recommend improvement and governance intervention options
– Possess a strong understanding of industry best practice in relation to governance and compliance within a large organisation or business unit
– Strong working knowledge and application experience of Lean Mgt and Six Sigma methodologies and associated tools.
– Relevant certifications in management, governance and compliance (e.g. ISO) are desirable
– Clear communication skills, written and verbal
– Experience of working in a multi-cultural expatriate environment
Leadership Role : YES
Join us in a management role and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary. On top of our generous travel benefits, including discounted flights and hotel stays around the world, this managerial role also has an excellent leave and healthcare package. That’s on top of transport benefits, life insurance and more. Find out what it’s like to live and work in our fast-paced, cosmopolitan home city in the Dubai Lifestyle section of our website www.emirates.com/careers
Location: United Arab Emirates
Job date: Sun, 06 Mar 2022 23:23:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!